Connecting home, school and the community to generate empowered families for life.
Parent University is a community collaborative to help parents become full partners in their children’s education. SMSD works with community organizations to offer free courses, training sessions, family events and activities that will equip families with skills, knowledge, resources and confidence as they support their students. Workshops cover a wide range of topics including:
- Early Literacy
- Preparing for State Assessments
- Preparing for Kindergarten
- Tips for Second Language Acquisition
- College / Career Readiness
- Connecting with Community Resources
- And many more!