Stafford MSD is in the process of finalizing our plan and criteria for Remote Conferencing based on guidance from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) for the 2021-2022 school year. Remote conferencing is remote instruction in which eligible students at an off-campus location may virtually participate in classes provided by a teacher for up to 20 days.
At this time, for a student to be eligible for Remote Conferencing in Stafford MSD, they must meet the following requirements:
- Be aged 11 or under on August 10, 2021 AND:
- Be medically diagnosed with at least one of the following conditions designated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a high-risk if exposed to the COVID19 Virus:
- Chronic lung disease
- Compromised immune systems (including from smoking, cancer treatment, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, or use of corticosteroids or other immune weakening medications)
- Serious heart disease (including heart failure, coronary artery disease, congenital heart disease, cardiomyopathies, and hypertension)
- Chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
- Liver disease
- Severe obesity
In addition, one of the following requirements also must be met:
- The student’s temporary medical condition is documented by a physician licensed to practice in the United States. The documentation must include a statement from the physician that the student is to remain confined to their home or a hospital.
- The student has a positive test result for a communicable condition listed in 25 TAC §97.7.
- The student has been identified as having been in close contact with COVID-19.
Currently, we are focusing on our students who are 11 and younger because they are the most vulnerable to the virus since a vaccine will not be available until January 2022. We look forward to announcing our remote conferencing plans as we work to assist our students and families during this pandemic. Upon final approval, the Remote Conferencing criteria will be added to the Safe Return to Learn Plan, which is available at our SMSD website Parent Portal.